Yellow Exlamation mark....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jougukny

Baseband Member
Is there any way to have the icon in the system tray go away....when my mouse hovers over it i get a message that tells me to keep my system up to date....as far as i know it is up to date. Is there a way to have this icon NOT load.

Thanks for your time and advise in advance

- Jougukny -

Go to your start menu and see click on the Windows Update part. Make sure your windows is up to date. If it is try restarting the PC. If that Question mark is still there then something else is causing this.

That was fast Makaveli...

can it be made to go away....is it an icon that can be moved or deleted...It bothers me because i get this " there's something wrong with my computer" feeling. Maybe it's a registry issue.....anyone know where it sits so i can go and unseat it?

- Jougukny -

Thank You...

EricB; Veedubfreak; and Makaveli.....You were quite helpful. Muchly appreciated. EricB's fix did the trick. I don't know what that was, and didn't know i could get there.....fnNewbiesyndrome:freak:

IT was finding something wrong with either your Automatic Updates not set to Automatic, yoru firewall settings were off or it didnt find a Anti-Virus. That woudl be why the Question Mark was there and why it stayed. Turning off the security Center stopped you from recieving those warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom