Computer Randomly Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDSCOrPiO

Daemon Poster
For the past week or so my computer has been freezing.... I usually leave it on all night but lately when i wake up and go on it its frozen solid. When i play games on it, it also locks, same when i run anti virus software. It pretty much locks for no reason... as i said i dont even have to be on it.

Please help me with this...

What type of PSU are you using.
A weak or dying psu could could system instability.

Also I see that you have 1.5gb of ram, did you memtest that config, if not go to google download a program called memtest and boot off of it. Let it run for about 2-3 hours and see if any errors popup.

If you are over-clocking revert the system back to all stock settings 1st . or see what you find in the below steps then revert to stock.
See if the Asrock MBoard has hardware monitoring capabilities then install the Monitor Utility found on the MB CD. Document all the voltage and temp settings .
Look in Admin Tools / Component Services / Event Viewer . Browse through the Application and System error logs. You may want to clear the logs and start over . Once the problem occurs see what error logs are generated this may help you narrow it down if you do not find the problem in the System Monitor Utility for the MB . Look for Voltages lower than normal / high temp readings for the CPU/GPU / Erratic voltage spikes or drops /

I was overclocked... i have reverted it to default... but it still happens.. i will run mem test and check event log today, it freezes when ever, during games, during boot up, and while its idling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom