Quick CPU Voltage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalOwns

In Runtime
What's the highest I should set the voltage for my CPU? I have C2D E6600. Currently OC'd stable at 3GHz @ 1.387v. Right now it's set at 3.11 @ 1.42v, but not stable yet, so I need to take it higher.

Just wanted to know what the max is...I think people have said not to go higher than 1.5v, but I can't remember. Temps are not a problem for me right now by the way.

Basically the only thing you need to worry about is the amount of heat coming out. If you check intel's site they have a chart showing the max voltage the cpu's are rated for. As far as stability goes, have you loosened your memory timings to make sure that they arent whats causing the instability.

Basically the only thing you need to worry about is the amount of heat coming out. If you check intel's site they have a chart showing the max voltage the cpu's are rated for. As far as stability goes, have you loosened your memory timings to make sure that they arent whats causing the instability.

Timings are 5-5-5-15. I have it underclocked right now at 692 I think. I also have the FSB & GMCH overvoltage controls set at +.1.

When you say "stable" i'm guessing you are referring to orthos or prime95? Heh i consider stable the ability to leave the computer running 24/7 and not crash in games. As far as orthos goes, i still havent gotten "stable" at 3.6ghz but meh. So not really sure how much voltage you'll need to pump through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom