Got some more money now so what should i do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Hi, i was expecting to have around £350, infact it will be atleast £400, so i was wondering my first idea wa sthis (£350 budget):

E6750
Hiper Type-M 580Watt
EVGA 8800GTS 320mb Superclocked

Now i was wondering i could either get:

Get the E6850, or Q6600 (my ram is far to bad to overclock E6750 at all)
Another 2GB of Corsair ram (4GB in total, i already have 2)
Or... Any other sujestions ?

But my current ram is one kingston, and one generic 1GB Stick of 667Mhz, this Corsair ram i was looking at (cheep but branded) is 675Mhz its XMS2 ram. So i was thinking a few things, if i did put it in would it be compatible with existing ram, does Windows XP accept 4GB ram (whats the max ?) or would it be better to remove other 2GB, and try overclocking with the XMS2.

Thanks, other sujestions welcome.

P35C-DS3R...thats a yes i beleive :cool:

Cant afford 2GB of DDR2 800, especially as it should really be good branded stuff like crucial for Overclocking...

K M A N,
adding up to 4 gig in xp is possible, but it won't read all of it unless you upgrade to the 64 bit version. personally, that's what I will end up doing, shooting for upwards of 6gig ram. drop one of your gig sticks for now, get the good stuff. also! the ram you have selected... are you sure it's 675? don't mix memory speeds. try to keep it the same. again, you'd be better off dropping the old ram.

sounds good. good luck on your overclocking
check out this ramhttp://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3079597&CatId=2264

If you can stretch your budget go for this! Way better way to spend your money:

basketai5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom