Case Fan Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elp

Baseband Member
This is getting to me a bit now. I bought need to attach 5 case fans rated at 12V and about 0.17A each to a 600W power supply. I can either a) connect them to the mobo from one fan connection and then make a chain of them using the molex connecters which are already on the fans or b) attach directy to a single PSU socket and then chain link them (in series). The mobo is an asus k8v and says that the fan connector must be between 350mA to 740mA. Please advise on whats the best method to connect and will there be any power issues etc.

also- which way should the fans face for intake and exhaust. There are labels on both sides of the fan so its really confusing. Also the wire from the motor passes on the face of one side.

:rolleyes:

2:1 ratio on intake:exhaust, and please please, don't ever think about hooking up a relay from the mobo again lol =) certain crappy mobos aren't made to handle an amperage like that.. and you could blow something

If your question is related to power you have no problem, your powersupply is good enough to cover almost 2 computers with that many fans.

thanks for the replys guys- really appreciate it.

so for final confirmation, I should connect the 5 80mm fans directly from the PSU and in series? Therefore the mobo will be avoided as a power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom