LCD horrible performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyVanilly

Beta member
Hi guys,

I have a pretty strong feeling this is a hardware issue, so hopefully you guys can help me out.

I just discovered today that my LCD screen (20" widescreen Sceptre X20wg-Naga) destroys my gaming performance.

I have been playing Team Fortress 2 at pretty much all lower than recommended settings (which was pretty much all low or medium, noAA) on a 6800GT video card at 1680x1050, with pretty bad framerates and unsmooth movement.

But, when I plugged in my stock CRT 19" monitor, I was able to play at 1600x1200 with all recommended or higher at with better framerates than the lcd!!

I have an Asus K8V-SE Deluxe motherboard, the video card is in AGP slot, I use a DVI cable for my lcd, and an analog for my crt. 3700+ amd cpu, 1gig of ram, 500w ultra psu, 500gb sata HD...

Can someone please tell me why I would get such a radical difference, and how, if possible, I can get my LCD to match my CRT performance?

Thanks a bunch

Well, TF2 is brand new... but 1600x1200 is higher res than 1680x1050, and the performance/graphics is/are like night and day... this isn't just a few framerates difference here. The only thing I changed was the monitor... Why does my LCD make my gaming performance go to crap??

I was about to say, widescreen ratio is going to eat that 6800 alive.

and TF2 is a just released online multiplayer (that kicks $!#)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom