Help with Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
Almost every time I boot my computer, I get a message that shows on one of the boot screens that says something like "If you have never seen this message, then reboot your computer. If you have seen this message before, then . . . . .

Then it reboots and gives me the option to boot in safe mode or normal. I select normal and it reboots and works fine.

I looked in my device manager and saw a conflict with "JMicron JMB36X Controller". This is a RAID controller. I have also a "Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID Controller" which is the one that is controlling my RAID. I am scared to delete the JMicron one, because I am worried that I might lose everything.

Do you think that is my problem? Should I delete it to eliminate the conflict? What is the resk if I eliminate it? Should I check something else?

If it is a blue screen we need the stop error code. IT should read:

Stop

Error Code 0x00000078 or something like that. Give us that and we can help you out more.

Is there a way to pause the screen when it gets to that screen. It is a blue screen, and I am pretty sure there is an error code, but it closes the screen pretty quickly.

Right Click on My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery section click Settings. In there under the area where it shows System failure uncheck the box for Automatically restart. That will allow you to see the screen and give us the error code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom