Vista help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
I'm getting upset with my laptop now. My first problems occurred when the touch pad started screwing up. I can't scroll horizontally or vertically, and it won't let me go into the mouse settings because it can't contact the device driver. Then when I go to download the drivers from Dell and the touchpad manufacturer, i get Invalid Win32 Application error.

The second problem is Security Center won't turn on.

I'm gonna check for virus' here, but I just wanted to get some insight from you guys if there's some random flaw with Vista that I don't know about. Any suggestions are appreciated.

[EDIT] I get invalid Win32 error with msconfig as well. WTF?!

No there is no random flaw in Vista. Something happen to you machine. Did you burn the recovery disc? Have you tried Safe Mode?

All my exe's work just fine in Safe Mode. Something is messing it up in normal mode.

I REALLY don't wanna reformat. I'm in college and swamped because I'm behind in some of my classes. I need my laptop to be functional because it's my current method of taking notes in class, and my only method of writing papers.

Ok did you install anything before this happened? What was teh last thing you installed? What were you doing before this happened?

Something has to of gotten corrupted since the Security Center wont load. Also with you touch pad going that isnt a good sign either. My laptop is a Dell as well with Vista and i have not come across any of these issues.

It seems like it's just any exe in Normal Mode that won't load. Last program(s) I installed was probably Steam and Azureus.

Well i have installed Steam several times with no issue. The only thing i could think of then would be Azureus. I use uTorrent so i cant confirm if it was Azureus or not.

Have you installed the SP1 Beta?

Nope to the SP1 Beta. I really think that it is some sort of virus/malware. The problem is I can't install any kind of antivirus to check the **** thing. I can't even use TrendMicro's HouseCall or Bitdefender's online scanner. I'm beyond screwed at this point I think.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

IF you cant use any online scanner then yeah i would have to say you are up the creek without the paddle.

Did you create a recovery disc from the recovery partition that comes on teh Dell laptops? Cause if not this will make it even harder to try and fix this issue.

I didn't even know about the recovery disc. How do I create one?

If I can't get the recovery disc, I can always go home next weekend and grab the image I created of this hard drive with Nortan Ghost.

Honestly i dont know. I do know that Dell's should have a recovery partition. Which is a direct copy of the install drive. Mine came with one. Do you see it when you click on Computer?

If not what size hard drive did you get with your laptop and is it all used? If so then yous didnt come with a recovery partition. If not then the partition is hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom