New build. Which mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
Okay- i have got a 1950PRO, and E6300 build coming up. I am struggling to decide which motherboard to use, though.

I have chosen boards with two PCI-E slots, because I plan to go down the crossfire route later on. So, with overclocking in mind, which of these do you think I should choose:

DFI Infinity 975X
OR-
DFI LanParty UT ICFX3200T2R

Or, on sceond thoughts, do you think that I should just forget Crossfire, and go with the DFI Blood Iron P35-T2RL motherboard?

The Blood iron is £10 more expensive than the DFI LanParty UT ICFX3200T2R, which is in turn £10 more than the DFI Infinity 975X.

Thanks for your feedback!!!

The Blood Iron is a much better board....you want somethign that can do 500FSB with ease.

Or something based on the 965P chipset.

So do you think that the 975X wont do a 450MHz FSB and But crossfire is important to me, so that Is also a consideration (aswell as the fact that the 975X is £20 cheaper than the Blood Iron)

EDIT: Do you think that the PCI-E 4X bandwith offered by the second slot in with the P35 boards when in Crossfire would be a bottleneck for the X1950PRO? As I am now considering the MSI P35 Plat. (Gigabyte P35 DS3 is too popular, as I value a little individuality in a build)

so thats why your the AMD Betrayer??

but I'd go with the p35 chipset BLood Iron.. cuz its gonna help in your overclocking.. also get the e2180 since its cheaper and overclocks like a brother from another mother...

so thats why your the AMD Betrayer??

but I'd go with the p35 chipset BLood Iron.. cuz its gonna help in your overclocking.. also get the e2180 since its cheaper and overclocks like a brother from another mother...
welcome to the nonprocessorfanboyism side of the world, we have a pool....stay....stay....

Lol. I got the E6300 on the cheap second hand. I now have a second question: Do you think that the PCI-E 4X bandwith offered by the second slot in with the P35 boards when in Crossfire would be a bottleneck for the X1950PRO? As I am now considering the MSI P35 Plat. (Gigabyte P35 DS3 is too popular, as I value a little individuality in a build)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom