hooking up a receiver to a comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet

In Runtime
So, heres what i'm thinking. I recently upgraded my home theater system's sound, and have two decent tower speakers left over with a decent yamaha receiver. So, ideally, what i would like to do is hook up those two tower speakers to my receiver, as well as my comps current 5.1 system. Now my question: one, since my computer speakers have cables that plug into the sub, could i strip off the connectors and hook up the speakers to my receiver? 2nd, newer motherboards, specifically the asus p5k deluxe which i am getting for my new comp, comes with an optical Jack built in. Now, i want the best quality for my sound system as i listen to a lot of music, should i be looking into adding a sound card to my build or will the onboard sound be suffient? If not, what would be a good sound card?

I have a receiver hooked up to my comp thats running my bose speakers. I don't know how to answer your question though, it sounds like it should work though.

I actually have a question for you though. Is optical a better quality sound?

Well from what i know about sound system, optical is only beat by HDMI. I want the same basic setup you have, but seeing as i only have two extra speakers, i would like to also use my logitec speakers, i just dont know if they can be hooked up to a receiver. Last time i hooked up my receiver to my comp i could only get 2 CH sterio, i was like wtf?

optical out of my audigy platinum pro :S was the weirdest thing, the sound came from my front right speaker and back left. ><

What the ****. Thats the weirdest thing I've ever heard. It wasn't even like front left/right. Haha thats so random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom