Holy hot video cards batman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM/PS1

In Runtime
so my nividia 6800 GT idles at 65C. I increase the core clock speed by 9mhz and the temp does 100C+. I say it go as high as 115 before i lowered it. Is my card damaged or does my cooling just suck.

good question. have you checked into getting a different chipset cooler for it? I haven't heard of them getting that hot before, that's roasting!! chipset cooler might resolve the issue, but I'd say something else could definately be suspect

why the **** are you talking about a chipset cooler?

I tihnk you mean a new heatsink for his gpu.

Take a look at the offering by Arctic Cooling.

Where are you getting that temp reading from. I highly doubt your hitting 115 degrees C because thats basically the point where the solder on a the car would start melting...

I think the 6xxx series have cooling problems. My 6600GT used to get very hot as well if I tried to push the graphics settings too high (up to 90-100). I would say its not worth it to try and overclock the card if you are getting those temps on such a small increment.

Heres my advice, touch the card for a second, if it burns your finger instantly, you have a big problem. If it doesn't, its probably a bad temp sensor, or the hsf is not making good contact with the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom