Disney VMK crashes all browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest

Baseband Member
This only occurs on my home PC. My two young children would really love to play this game, but the browsers all crash within the first minute of play.

After the game engine loads, the browser crashes. Firefox/IE both crash. The error is just 'and unexpected error has occurred and firefox/ie must close' - not very detailed to me.

The PC is only about a year and a half old.

448MB Ram
199GHz
AMD Sempron 3000+

Windows XP sp2
Home Edition version 2002

I really hope someone can help out with this bug. Thanks

No, never have on this PC. Gave up a while back, got way to aggravating. What really gets to me is how I can't fix this bug.

Here is the actual error once you click for more information on the error:

AppName: firefox.exe AppVer: 1.8.20070.25881 ModName: iml32.dll
ModVer: 10.2.0.21 Offset: 0000d6ce

I dunno. It worked fine for me. I have all of the different engines installed (Flash, Shockwave, and I forget what else), plus my security is way tight.

The fact that is doesn't want to work in either browser sounds more like something outside of them.

Here's some links for the different players. Try downloading and installing each one.

|MG| Free Download - Macromedia Shockwave Player 10.2.0.023
|MG| Free Download - Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine Build 3810
|MG| Free Download - Macromedia Flash Player (Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera) 9.0.47.0

Ran all three programs once they downloaded, restarted the PC, and tried again. Still broken :(

I think I give up totally this time. This PC is still new to me and I can't believe VMK won't run. Oh well. Thanks Trotter for the help.

I am moving this up to the Windows forum. Since nothing seems to be working thus far, maybe you'll have better luck with the gurus who hang out in there.

Have you tried Opera? I see you talk about IE and FIrefox but Opera is another option.

I am at the disney site and all the games and everything are working for me.

"Have you gotten all the updates and patches for IE? Are you using version 7 of IE and version 2 of Firefox?

I'm not going to start a browser war thread, but Opera isn't even loading the website at all and when it does, it's so distorted, like the coding on the site is not being read by the browser correctly. Been trying for 5 min now, no luck even getting to the log in screen. FF and IE are both updated to the latest versions.

The is a 3rd party program that you can download called VMK Pal, and that even crashes without the use of a browser.

As stated previously, I have updated all my programs that would normally run with it.

Macromedia Shockwave Player 10.2.0.023

Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine Build 3810

Macromedia Flash Player (Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera) 9.0.47.0]

I can't see how this error comes up with VMK and not other games online/offline that I play. Very strange.

It could very well be someting with the program. Maybe it cant contact the server.

I see a 404 error on several parts of the page. Which tells me a server side problem. I can see the page just fine in Opera. I am not trying to atart a browser war. I am just stating what i see.

Well i went there thru my IE install and firefox. So it isnt their site. I was able to go on and do everything. You have the latest so i dont know what it could be. Do you have a firewall install?

Firewall is installed, but nothing pops up as a flag for vmk stuff. Even shut off the firewall temporarily and still won't work. When using vmk pal I get this error:

access violation at address 6900d6ce in module 'IML32.dll'. Read of address 0F44A700.

Gonna google for some iml32.dll error messages and ways to fix it. I'm really stuck on this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom