The new OC gamer build has begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just has a higher multiplier. I am not using water so there is no point in going for 400FSB. I will be pursuing 3.5GHz.
Offtopic- when are you going to invest in a new PC vernong?

around next year... i'm taking AP CS 2, so i made an excuse.. and my parents are buying a new PC... thats right i can't build it :(

and its not just the higher multiplier... it has an M0 stepping (released after the e2160 and e2140)... and goes past 3.0ghz on stock voltage... or with a tiny voltage increase...

Overclocking record with that thing is: 3.8ghz with Air Cooling.. its that Thermalright (its like two TRUES in one)

Do the 2 of you work with computers for jobs or something? How can 2 people with such outdated PC's give advice on current systems if they have no current experience with the products?

That sounds like I am trying to be mean but I'm not. It is just an honest question. Constant internet research or.. ?

Do the 2 of you work with computers for jobs or something? How can 2 people with such outdated PC's give advice on current systems if they have no current experience with the products?

That sounds like I am trying to be mean but I'm not. It is just an honest question. Constant internet research or.. ?

well.... i learned a lot from Sora and B1gapl... their like my mentors at the forum..

also i did have an e4300 and a x2 3600+ based system... so i'm not outdated.... and i look at benchmarks... read articles..

and i do work with them somewhat, i'm sorta tech support for people in my community

Ok cool. And just to let you know I have changed my order around for the 2180 instead.. just for you!! haha, jk.. but I will let you know how it OCs when I have it going.

yeah, im not getting the 8500 stuff, I will be getting the 6400 stuff. I put the wrong name in there first.
I can't wait to get it setup and running, should be a fun little project.

around next year... i'm taking AP CS 2, so i made an excuse.. and my parents are buying a new PC... thats right i can't build it :(

and its not just the higher multiplier... it has an M0 stepping (released after the e2160 and e2140)... and goes past 3.0ghz on stock voltage... or with a tiny voltage increase...

Overclocking record with that thing is: 3.8ghz with Air Cooling.. its that Thermalright (its like two TRUES in one)
i might be wrong...but doesnt AP CS 2 teach computer repair and computer hardware?
Ace it and your parents still won't let you build?
lol i'm 14 with only half a semester of electronics/circuits and building next month

i might be wrong...but doesnt AP CS 2 teach computer repair and computer hardware?
Ace it and your parents still won't let you build?
lol i'm 14 with only half a semester of electronics/circuits and building next month

not sure... i just took it because my teacher recommended me for it .... lol

lol i can't even talk about computer building at school unless its with my close friends, others would prolly just see as like " wow you built a computer you have way too much time and no life "

lol i can't even talk about computer building at school unless its with my close friends, others would prolly just see as like " wow you built a computer you have way too much time and no life "

i was considered nerdy on my football team for knowing how to build it.... they would rather buy from Dell... and have overall better parts... but then i Overclocked and owned their system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom