Why do I get low FPS in games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also what is the output of your psu? To do a good core 2 with an 8800gts it would be wise to pack at least 500watts or more.

Also WoW is an mmo so a lot of performance issues can be bandwidth related and not hardware related. I know that my rig in Second Life can have really low fps and its due to net lag not to any hardware bottleneck.

I don't think its my internet but it also can mean the server is far away from me.

Here is my bandwith test:

187863380.png

And yeah I ment the 8800GTX I got confused with my vid card.

Might want to take a look at your memory timings too. I'm no expert in this area, but that CAS latency of 8 stands out. You should take a look at timing your RAM a little more aggressively if you are not overclocking. It takes a lot of time and a lot of testing, but you should be able to do better.

but I'm just saying.. the Clock Speeds are low because of the Core Architecture based on Pentium 3 Processors

I thought that the architecture was based of the Pentium M's (laptop cpu) I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read that when C2D first came out and I built my current rig.

Technically you are both correct. Core (predecessor to Core 2) was based on Pentium M (Yonah). And Pentium M's were evolved from the last core in the Pentium III family (Tualatin I think).

I thought that the architecture was based of the Pentium M's (laptop cpu) I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read that when C2D first came out and I built my current rig.

it is... but Pentium M came from Pentium 3

dang Kubel beat me to it...

since you posted here... lets discuss overclocking your Pentium D

hehehe... you wish... (also theres no 8800xt theres gtx) but ya.. if you want an 8800gtx... you need a CPU ugprade to a Core 2 Duo... then you'll say (this is what some1 said to me) "Core 2 Duo sucks.... its clock speed is so low... my Pentium D has double its speed, for a person with such high posts your an idiot" (another person argued that with me)

then i remember shutting him up with this benchmark:

BCCHardware - Tech News & More! - Pentium D vs Core 2 Duo

and then he apologized like mad.. :0 but I'm just saying.. the Clock Speeds are low because of the Core Architecture based on Pentium 3 Processors

LOL ! I was just like that when I bought my PC and then I saw that the C2D Beat AMD hands down on every benchmark.

LOL ! I was just like that when I bought my PC and then I saw that the C2D Beat AMD hands down on every benchmark.

ya... i remember me and Sora and Peter started ganging up on him.... and we sorta cornered him because of his lack of knowledge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom