Laptop possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkchops

Solid State Member
I'm looking to purchase a laptop, but I'm not sure what to get.

Looking for one that is a gaming machine to be frank.

Not sure of a budget quite yet, but it's probably in the $1800-2200, maybe a bit more depending on the quality of laptops that can be purchased in that range.

Any input would be great.

Hm.. The ASUS G series looks like a nice laptop, the only downside is that it has a pretty low battery life.. around 2 hours if I'm not mistaken.

The toshiba notebook on the other hand I haven't the slightest clue on, seems alright, but I haven't looked around at all for any feedback on it, the price is reasonable, but if it isn't quite as good as I'd like, that money would be just going out the window regardless.

Feel free to go a bit higher in price if you want, it's not that big of a deal, I just have to figure out how long it'll take me to accumulate said amount.

if you want a gaming laptop you will not get a long battery time. You can't have extreme performance and low power use. Its like getting cold ice cream but storing it in an oven its just not going to work

Hehe, one can always dream though, and besides, if you leave an oven outside in the winter.. you could store ice cream in it.

I do understand what you're saying though. Two hours just doesn't seem like it would be worth getting, but I probably will anyway, just because I can have it plugged in so it doesn't rip through the battery life.

don't forget overcharging kills the battery to I have a battery for my laptop which originally lasted 4hours now its just over 10minutes when fully charged from over charging. Luckily bought some spares :D

You can't overcharge modern laptop batteries. The reason yours died is from too many charge/drain cycles and probably heat.

Regardless of what happens to the battery, it means nothing if I don't have a laptop to begin with.

I only found out just recently that Newegg doesn't ship internationally, so shipping to Canada is out of the question, therefore I need to find some other suggestions of laptops from another source.

Prefferably around the same price, maybe a bit higher, if it needs to be to get the same quality.

tigerdirect.ca
also you can configure an alienware to game decently for under 2200
go to the alienware site and config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom