Just built a pretty nice comp, and my new game runs like crap. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1v1c98

Baseband Member
I just built this PC a few days ago. Specs are as follows:

Abit IP35 Pro motherboard
Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb
Q6600 2.4 ghz quad core CPU
1 Gig ram (its supposed to be 2 gigs, but one of the sticks was DOA. But I will have 2 soon)

Anyway, I just installed Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and fired it up. It runs really laggy, choppy and just generally not good. Nowhere near as good as it should be for my system.

Is there anything that I need to do to make my new hardware perform the way it should? It can't be the RAM holding me back, right?

Did you build the PC yourself? If so than you may not have everything in properly, maybe not tight enough or something? Those specs are similar to mine and many others who can run the game without any issues. It shouldn't be all the RAM's fault.

nah 1 less gig of ram shouldnt mean THAT much issues on games.

Have you installed all the drivers etc, specifically for the gpu? make sure there the lastest and the correct ones

Yes, I built it myself. I installed all the drivers and everything is installed correctly. This isn't my first PC that I've built.

Anyway, I have a dual monitor setup. I just disabled my secondary monitor and then ran the game. It was muuch better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom