Customizing Windows Browsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
I will admit that at first I was annoyed by the unforgivable(My Pictures) that has cemented itself to my C drive. (I try to keep my C drive clean of anything unnecessary, seeing as I have a D drive for media, I figure that would be my default for every picture I send/receive)
Well, It's going to stay put, but, I wonder, I recently cleaned my windows right click menu. A few uninstalled program's would show up in it, it was quick, not exactly 1+1 simple but I got it, now, I don't -care- anymore about the My Pictures thing, but I can change the destination folder of my documents to a different folder completely. Like one large link for say the media in my D partition, is it smarter to edit my registry to link My Pictures to my seperate partition? or can I simply edit the registry linked with my D partition to make windows do simple stuff with it(such as thumbnails whenever I reach the picture folder instead of icons).

if you have vista, you can move my pictures the same way you do my documents (Right click and select properties).

with xp, you can edit the registry or use tweak iu. if you make d your document partition and it has a my picture folder there, it will automatically recognize it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom