Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
ive probarbly posted about this a few times but now i have MONEY :) anyway my current system is:

AMD Athlon 3800+
ATI Radeon X550 :$
2GB DDR
WD Caviar 160GB SATA II
Sony DVD/RW
Zalman CPNS9500

i game a lot i.e BF2, CoD series, Fifa 08, Colin Mcrae but i want to play newer games on my pc whithout spending too much money, is my CPU satisfactory for games and i know my GPU is simply crap, any suggestions?

How much have you got to spend?

Wow its nice actually being able to help someone from the uk, normally its all NEWEGG and $$$ which theres no point me replying to as ive no idea about $$ and newegg website lol

Id try and upgrade that cpu and gpu, that will see you a HUGE performance increase.
But it depends how much you have to spend so let me know

I am assuming you have a s939. If you can find them, they will either be dirt cheap or outrageous... look of rthe cheap ones. ;)

The X19xx cards are good, and the 2900 series is doing great. The 8800s are sweet, too.

Good video cards you want to look into are the X1900 series and or a 7900 series card (mainly the GS if you can find them)

The 8600 are ok cards but the older cards are better for the money. A CPU upgrade to a cheap dual core will help you out a lot. If you are running S939 try and put in a cheap Toldeo Dual-Core. This upgrade should cost you anywhere from 150-200 bucks but you should see a HUGE performance increase is gaming.

Upgrading to a Core 2 Duo with a new chipset will cost at LEAST 160 bucks or so, the Toledo for around 50-60 bucks however is a good deal...

im only 15 and have about £70 max, im deffo going for a new GPU as mine sucks, as much as i would like a 8800 there too much, how are the 8600GTs? are they worth it or is it best to got with a XFX7900GS or a 2600GT?

im only 15 and have about £70 max, im deffo going for a new GPU as mine sucks, as much as i would like a 8800 there too much, how are the 8600GTs? are they worth it or is it best to got with a XFX7900GS or a 2600GT?

Unless your willing to overclock the 8600gt like mad to perform near the x1950gt or pro or 7900gs... don't get it.... not worth it...

but heres the forum's favorite CPU and mobo combination:

e2180/p35-ds3l

3600+ with evga 590 or Foxconn 590 (which ever is cheaper at scan.co.uk or where ever you guys shop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom