monitor wont turn on????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

busa_4

Baseband Member
i am building a computer. i have a ecs kt600-a mother board, 512mb ram, xp 2700 cpu, 80gb sata hard drive, 64mb video card. i assembled everything and the board powers up but the monitor doesnt turn on. the motherboard doesnt appear to have vga port and it wont turn the monitor on by the agp add on card. i have been messing with this thing for a week. i swapped all the components to my other computer and they all work. the video card, ram, cpu, and power supply all work on my other computer. i thought it was the mother board so i had it replaced and it still does it. the mother board manual says there is a onbaord video card but there is no vga port on the motherboard. now what do i do?
:confused:

I'd say that the mainboard is currently set to boot up using PCI as the primary graphics adapter. If I were you, I'd find an old PCI card, turn on the PC and go into the BIOS. Set it to use the AGP slot as the main video card. That SHOULD solve it. :) Good luck.

The video data cable that connects to the VGA socket might be loose.
Clean it and then connect it tightly.

And one more very important thing..........

Welcome to this forum.:D

i removed all the motherboard mounting screws and the monitor still wont turn on. should i try a pci graphics card instead of the agp?

When I was building my computer my moniter wasen't turning on either but my brother was building the exact ssame system I had and his worked. And then We tried everything but then we put the ram sticks to the top to bottem then it worked.

For example

My my motherboard has 3 ram slots and I had my two ram sticks currently on the bottom one and the middile one. So then I moved one Ram stick to the top ram slot and the other in the middle and then it turned on. Up to Down

Try that . And Best Wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom