Wardriving

Status
Not open for further replies.

saladfork

In Runtime
Im starting to get interested in Wardriving and have been looking around trying to find too give my car the capabilities to do this.

I found an inverter made by targus that has 2 120v outputs and I figure that would be enough for me, but someone said I need to do something to make sure there are no spikes in the amperage, but wouldnt the inverter handle that?

Also, I know that the linksys wrt45gl can be flashed and be used as a wireless bridge, I was thinking I would use one and attatch some heftier omnidirectional antennas onto it.

Does this sound like a good idea? Or am I going in the wrong direction? What kinda stuff should I be looking into?

I picked up a 500W inverter from Walmart (I think) about 5 years ago and have been using that. It has 2 120V plugs and it works perfectly with my laptop (probably overkill).

Since your laptop has a main battery, that should act as a sufficient filter if there's any irregularities in your inverter output. But since you are also plugging in a bridge, you won't have that layer of protection on that. But I don't think it will be an issue.

I'm not sure about the WRT45GL but you could be our guinea pig! Let us know how well it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom