vista/overclocking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because you have C1E and ESIT options Enabled in your BIOS. These options decrease the voltage and/or multiplier of the processor whenever it is idle or hardly being used to conserve power and lower temperatures. Whenever you run a demanding application or game, it kicks back up to the BIOS set FSB and multiplier.

If you want it to always run at your designated FSB and multiplier, go into your BIOS and enter the Advanced BIOS Options menu. Look for C1E and ESIT, disable them, F10 to Save & Exit and you're good to go.

sounds great, just fixed it and it works.

What do you have the "Performance Enhance" set at? standard? turbo? extreme?

what about robust graphics booster?

also, my CPU mark score is considerably lower by 700 points at the same clock speed. The only difference was my cpuscore in 3dmark06 for XP (64 bit) was 5400, while my score for vista 32bit ultimate is 4666. Is this because of the operating system? Please answer this question it is bothering me! thank you!

sounds great, just fixed it and it works.

What do you have the "Performance Enhance" set at? standard? turbo? extreme?

what about robust graphics booster?

also, my CPU mark score is considerably lower by 700 points at the same clock speed. The only difference was my cpuscore in 3dmark06 for XP (64 bit) was 5400, while my score for vista 32bit ultimate is 4666. Is this because of the operating system? Please answer this question it is bothering me! thank you!

the performance enhace should be at standard

the robust graphics booster should be set at auto i think...or whatever its defaulted at.

Yeh 3dmark06 scores higher in xp than vista. Although that is a big difference - i thought it was only about 5% normally. It kinda sucks, vista was supposed to be geared toward gaming more than xp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom