Service pack is required

Status
Not open for further replies.

and_woox

Baseband Member
After dealling with some SP available to windows and seeing the mess they cause to the operation system, i started to research on how to bypass many softwares requirement to have such packs to continue the product installation but until now couldnt find a best option.
So, what is possibilly the best way to bypass this installation requirement(maybe some dll, registry keys)?

Other than that i would say check for software that is known to cause issue with the SP and make sure you uninstall it. I ahve gone from XP to SP1 to SP2 and now to SP3 without slipstreaming and i ahve yet to come across a problem. It is just easier to slipstream and avoid the issues though.

actually what i'm trying to do is to avoid sp altogether.
i'm trying to bypass this requirement that some programs have on its installation.
So i'm thinking of ways to trick the installation to act as if the pc has already a service pack installed.
any thoughts?

Can you hack? Why is it everyone is so afraid of something that makes them more secure??? Seriously do you realize how many updates were released since SP1 that have patched the holes in your OS right now?

There is no way to trick the installers. Either you install the SP or you dont run the apps. Your choice.

Why would you want to not install SP1 or 2? You can choose either to install SP or not run the programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom