Rate my setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should really have at least memory that has a speed of PC3200 (DDR400), you are not getting the best out of your CPU using DDR333 memory - good quantity of memory though.

What hard drive have you got?

Nice cooling. Nice mid-range graphics.

I know that I have a lot of room for upgrading, but I just spent about 900 bucks on this thing and I'm going to slow down for a while.

i got crap hard disk, cheap at the time, western digital 40gb...

...actually i was gonna get a bigger...but i dont know how to transfer the whole contents of my hard disk to a new one...hey kangeroo, if you know how to do this could you please e-mail me or PM on how to do so. my e-mail is in my sig

Kangaroo said:
The good thing is, you have left yourself with loads of room for upgrades.

Upgrade:

AMD Athlon 64bit 3700 64Bit (32Bit Compatible) CPU (1Mb 2nd level Cache) Socket 754 or higher.

1 Gb (2 x 512 Mb) Corsair TwinX, DDR500, PC4000PT, Cas 2

256Mb X800 XT Platinum Edition (GDDR3, D-Sub, DVI, VIVO)

OR

256MB GeForce 6800 ULTRA DDR 3 Tv/DVI

2x74Gb Western Digital Raptor Enterprise (10Krpm,8MB) on a RAID -0 configuration, using High Point Rocket RAID 1640 (4 channel SATA) controller.

For EXTREME overclockers use:

Yesico Fanless 420W PSU with TMS (Thermo Management System)

Vapochill Complete Extreme Edition - AMD (Socket A) Titanium with Side Window (FS-019-VP) £444 or $825 (USD)

The above cooling (+ cool looking case) will hit your CPU temperature down to -50 degrees centigrade allowing you to overclock your AMD Athlon by 1GHz or more.

althought the lifespan of the cpu will be dramatically decreased...

thats 1 big pile of electronic parts wraped in a case and looks like a nice system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom