Random power off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've been looking at Newegg. I'm not terribly impressed with the current options for 939. The only one that's really appealing is the A8N-SLI Premium, and that's way expensive for a two+ year old board.

Does anyone have something to say (good or bad) about the Foxconn or Jetway nForce4 boards? I'm hesitant to go with a brand I don't know, especially with some of the reviews on the egg.

I know foxconn, not necessarily for the 939 though. I don't, however, know of jetway. in my experience, while not the most powerful mobo's, foxconn's are relatively reliable. the system I had that went down is/was a foxconn, and it ran smoothly for something like 4 years or so (not sure). I'll check to see if I have any decent 939's around. what hardware are you wanting to run on it?

The hardware I want to run is the system from my first post, minus the mobo, obviously.

Alright guys, so I got a new motherboard: MSI Neo4 Platium

It didn't resolve my power off issue at all, and now I'm befuddled. I also picked up a couple new hdd's while I was at it; just in case it was a hdd issue with one of mine. However, disconnecting that drive didn't do anything either.

The only component in my whole computer that I have yet to swap out is my processor; could that possibly be causing this issue?

Months and months of my computer turning off at random times is driving me nuts!

Have you tried reinstalling the OS by any chance? If you've replaced almost all the hardware in your PC and it's still having problems, the chance that it's a software issue may be a possibility. Try using a separate HDD and a fresh install of XP or use an Ubuntu LiveCD in the CD-ROM drive.

If it's not that, then it probably is your CPU...I'm not sure how or why, but if it's the only thing you haven't replaced and there's still a problem, it has a good chance of being the source of the problem.

I got a replacement processor today (gotta love working at AMD), so we'll see how this goes. Re-installing Windows did nothing, just like it didn't when this issue first started long long ago. If the proc turns out not to be the culprit, I'll have a fair amout of extra hardware to get rid of once I figure out what is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom