Best Antivirus and Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerlover2007

Beta member
I just built me my first server.:happy: What is the best protection for it that is affordable? Can I use my antivirus and firewall that I have on my personal pc?

i think the best way is change your antivirus and firewall to server edition.

btw:
if ur server os is personal edition u can use ur personal antivirus and firewall
but many personal antivirus and firewall can not be installed on the server os such as windows server 2003 and windows 2000 advanced server.

I just built me my first server.:happy: What is the best protection for it that is affordable? Can I use my antivirus and firewall that I have on my personal pc?

Honestly, The best protection for you is to NOT start a general thread on such a broad topic. Your best best bet is to learn how people commnicate over the net.. especially about viruses. You just joined TF and you just asked the first question a lot of people ask. Learn how to search for previous answers....seriously. Answers over TF and the rest of the net spread as quickly as breaches/viruses.

mikesgroovin-

knowing how TCP/IP works and the other internet protocols wont help. Cause how we comminicate over the net is very broad and different. Forums, IM, IRC, BitTorrent, Skype, HTTP downloads...all of them use different means. But all have one thing in common. Packet transfers. SO honestly how does knowing internet communication gonna do anything?

As for the original poster-

What Server OS are you using? Server 2003? Server 2008? Windows Home Server? I know Avast has got a AV for WHS they are working on now. But Server AV and Firewalls should be different and more secure than your PErsonal.

Symantec Corporate should be your Anti-Virus for the Server. Perhaps NOD32 could be used as well. You want something that has a very high detection rate. Firewall you want something super secure to prevent hacking and also easy to configure so that you can allow PC's to access it and use it like they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom