New Intel Allendale Processors & Price Cuts___Oct 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
notice the absense of nagasma, vanish, hmmann and apok's (AMD Squad) comments

haha, i didnt want to be the first of the AMD squad to post but eh.

I admit Intel has AMD beat on price/performance and also sheer selection of CPUs( which i think is quite rediculous how many cpus they released that are near identical in performance and just a different name). Yes barcelona was an upset, but Phenom is coming, and so is 4000mhz FSB. AMD will release ONE processor that will smite any intel on any scale, and all that in the near future. Im still waiting it out. ;)

Also in late 2008 we will be seeing Deneb FX and Deneb from AMD. Thats right, 45nm.

It just wasn't as "out there" as people expected. They are amazing sever processors and over clock like mad. Most people are getting them to 4.2ghz on water. Think of them as quad core opterons, but only 1000mhz fsb though. They are 65nm, but only have a 2 x1mb L2 cache, but do have a 2mb shared L3 cache, like the C2Ds. Its just kind of a take your pick, but they aren't worth the price IMO. See for yourself-
Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

ah...not impressed.

I sitched from amd to intel and im sticking with it.
Im gonna get the q9450 when it comes out.

So far i dont regret the switch and dont think i will for a long time.

yup q9450 for me too, and if AMD all of a sudden takes over i will be very immensely humungously largly UBER surprised

anything can happen....Core 2 Duo blew EVERYONE out of the water in summer of 06...no one expected Intel to give AMD such a kick in the face as their X2 CPU's had just been released not too long before that.

anything can happen....Core 2 Duo blew EVERYONE out of the water in summer of 06...no one expected Intel to give AMD such a kick in the face as their X2 CPU's had just been released not too long before that.

well whatever happens...im sticking with my cpu and then going to q9450
i cant afford to switch to a new board and cpu just cos of a few differences.

It's really nice to see that almost a year after buying my motherboard, I will be able to buy a chip that's twice as fast for the same price. That's as future proof as it gets for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom