Help buying laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

38chips

Beta member
Hi Folks

Looking to buy this laptop, Everex Va2001t. It looks good, and comes with $100 rebate at newegg.com

Wanted to see what the word on the street is when it come to this laptop. I am a student and just need something to do homework and stuff.

I like it, looks like a good deal and something I can afford. BTW, wondering also whats the best way to pay for this, don't have much room on my credit card and really dont like using debit card online. Do you guys know what the best way for me to pay for this at newegg.

Thanks

Hey 38chips
Welcome-to-TF.png

The specs are great for only doing basic stuff, like you said. Homework, I assume internet, music, word applications. That laptop will handle those tasks fine. I just don't know of Everex's quality or reputation as a company.

Not bad, but not good. VIA Chrome 9 is probably the worst IGP you can get in modern laptops. It's worse than GMA950. I would suggest looking into some of those Compaq deals at Circuit City or Office Depot.

Some Circuit City's are selling F572US's for under $400 (in-store deals only). So go to Curcuit City and ask them if they have any cheap F752's in stock. Here's a rebate for $30 off.

14107_093007 - circuitcity.com

I saw that tigerdrect.com has some refurb laptops, they also have a couple of ways for me to pay cash. any experience with them?

These kind of places don't take cash as a payment. Just deposit in your bank account and use paypal.

NewEgg will accept money orders, personal checks, business checks, cashiers checks, etc.... A money order is probably the best way to pay if you don't want to pay electronically.

You can get MO's at your bank or credit union (sometimes free) or at any USPS location ($1.05 for $500 or less, $1.50 for any more up to $1000). I paid for my desktop parts at NewEgg with a USPS money order (and have made several purchases with NewEgg using USPS money orders before then too). It always worked out.

When I'm selling items online, if the buyer can't pay with PayPal, I'll request USPS Money Orders since they are very difficult to forge. They are also good for the buyer because they can be replaced if they are damaged, stolen, lost, etc... and they have guaranteed value for an unlimited time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom