Catalyst 7.10 Are Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Catalyst 7.10 Are Out

AMD / ATi let us know that the new Catalyst 7.10 drivers are out now for Windows Vista and Windows XP. Linux drivers are coming soon. Aside from a host of performance improvements in BioShock, World In Conflict, Lost Planet, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and others, the new drivers also include a few new features:

This release of Catalystâ„¢ introduces Adaptive Anti-Aliasing support for the [FONT=arial, sans-serif][FONT=arial, sans-serif]Radeon [/FONT][/FONT]X1000 Series of products. Adaptive Anti-Aliasing substantially improves image quality by anti-aliasing transparent textures. Software Crossfire support for the ATI Radeon HD 2600 and ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series​

I beat your post by 24 minutes, but I only posted an article... didn't know the drivers were public.

I'll split the points with you this time, Fish Man. ;)

fishman?

anyways... wow this is the first time somebody beat Warez to an article thread... (or so I've seen)

That's wonderful!:p Maybe the 7.10 will straighten out the mess caused by the origimal software cd and 7.9 downloads where the catalyst seems to be installed but cannot be removed or seen in fact?

With the MSI HD 2600XT model here both vga ports primary and secondary still see a black screen when Windows reaches the desktop. The AtiCinUn.exe is supposed to completely remove the catalyst? Not on the new model here. Even with all files remove while in safe mode...:confused: video driver no catalyst! :rolleyes:

will it make an improvement from the 7.9 version?
Besides those games listed...
i read that the Anti-Aliasing is inproved but is it upgrading from 7.9?

will it make an improvement from the 7.9 version?
Besides those games listed...
i read that the Anti-Aliasing is inproved but is it upgrading from 7.9?

I found that out earlier when that automatically removed 7.9 and all drivers from repeat installs and removals when the previous version would see the screen go blank just when reaching the desktop. On the twin port model card both ports primary and secondary saw the exact same at first startup during each of the last several days.

The 7.10 obviously has the corrections needed since the 7.9 needed a patch. Besides the problems seen in games just booting Vista also saw the ati2dvag.dll thread caught in infinite loop error repeat itself. The new version has obviously corrected the major problems seen in the 7.9 for both XP and Vista alike.

I found that out earlier when that automatically removed 7.9 and all drivers from repeat installs and removals when the previous version would see the screen go blank just when reaching the desktop. On the twin port model card both ports primary and secondary saw the exact same at first startup during each of the last several days.

The 7.10 obviously has the corrections needed since the 7.9 needed a patch. Besides the problems seen in games just booting Vista also saw the ati2dvag.dll thread caught in infinite loop error repeat itself. The new version has obviously corrected the major problems seen in the 7.9 for both XP and Vista alike.

hmm thats an interesting point, my CS version 1.6 didnt want to load for some reason so i uninstalled it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom