Budget Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
I know that these are all over the forum here, but the computer i want MUST be able to play 1080p programming smoothly, and does not necessarily require huge multitasking power. All i'll be doing for multitasking is having maybe a game and a movie open at the same time, or word and the internet at the same time etc...

I know i've made a similar post before, but this time i got slapped with a hard budget: 1000$ Canadian.

That being said, i can't use our favorite e-tailer (Newegg) because they don't ship to my kind. :'(

Thing is, i already have all the hard drives and monitors that i need. So i just need a case, cpu, gpu, mobo, ram...etc.

Just sold my computer and i dont want to have to wait long for my new one =)

Sorry, forgot to add: I'll be playing MFS: X, with all its CPU eating-ness. I'll be playing videos on a 46 " tv, but only gaming on my 17" for the most part.

couldn't you have just edited your first post?

but go to ncix.com or tigerdirect.ca

so this is what you'll like:

q6600
ip35-e
Patriot Extreme 2gb RAM kit
Coolermaster 690
2900pro
Corsair 520

Some forums frown upon modding an old thread, but i apologize for taking up more space here with this new one then

Anyways, thanks very much for the help, i'll go and price those

Some forums frown upon modding an old thread, but i apologize for taking up more space here with this new one then

Anyways, thanks very much for the help, i'll go and price those

i meant like editing your second post... and put that in there.....

yes it would... but i thought in your other post you said you had a lot of Hard drives and you wanted to RAID right?

but the p35-ds3l has 4 SATA ports... and you can always buy a RAID adaptor

p35-ds3r is worth it so you can RAID in the future, unless you buy a 750gb your first one

If you don't want RAID then it's not "worth" it. Also if you need more space that does not mean you cannot add a second drive...it just means you cant make a RAID array.

I prefer the Abit IP35-E board over the DS3L at the moment becuase the IP35-E is a better overclocker

I appreciate all the input, but i'm a cheap ******* and dont even know what raid is so i guess the ip35 isnt worth it to me

On that note...what is raid?
And on another note, does anyone know where i can find the 2900 pro in canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom