My videocard and these componenet cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that will work. Those are HD component cables.

You might need this:
vga.jpg

He's trying to plug in something (PS2 in this case) via RCA cables to his video card and get video output through his monitor.

I don't know if you need special software/hardware, but see if you can get a TV in card.

That fist cable is an S-Video cable, that will work, but you probably need software to display it. I've used that kind of cable to get videos off of a tape video camera, but of course, I had to use some sort of video software to record the input. So just like in that case, I would think you need software to display the output from your PS2.

I was recomended this program called dscaler. Would it downgrade the quality of the video this way?

the cables you have for your video card, those are video out cables. most video cards do not have video in, unless its specified as vivo (video in video out)

just get a tuner card

but i have a comment:

playing a console on a pc monitor, or just on a pc is not worth it, just use a television

My monitor can support up to 1920X1200 aka pretty much 1080i its alot cheap then buying a high def tv and alot crisper then an sdtv. I have my 360 hooked up via the vga switch and it looks excellent, but the wii and my ps2 I dont have one for thats basically why im wondering. But my video card does support it.

hey guys I have this tv tuner card but I tried to hook it up once and it was ultra confusing here it is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/DwayneEckert/tvtunercard.jpg

I bought it then I moved out with my friends and sorta forgot it here for awhile (im an idiot) anyways I have everything for it yet besides the software (im sure I can just dl the drivers) and the anatenna thing so would it be possible someway to run it through this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom