Crossfire 2900xt vs 8800ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually...according to the article, crossfire is best, ultra is 2nd, gtx 3rd, single 2900xt 4th. Hopefully the new ati cards will come down a bit more in price so i can pick up 2 for less than an ultra :)

Sadly i'll have to get a different board though, back to the p5k i guess.

Dam, you guys really helped me out. I guess i never really thought of just how much heat is generated by these beast's. Right now i am thinking of getting a single Ultra, then down the road possibly getting another one ( assuming it will be worth it when the 9800 series comes out) and possibly upgrade my system to a water cooled system. Does anyone here use water cooling on a dual card setup? and if so do you notice a decent difference in heat generated from the computer?

One more question. If deciding to go with a single untra, then buying an additional ultra down the road, what MB would you guys suggest. I was looking at an Asus P6N something....cant remember the full name because at the time i was looking at crossfire boards and just glanced at it, but does anyone know if this is a good route to take? I will be running a Q6600 as well.

I'm pretty sure water cooling is going to produce jsut as much heat into the room as air cooling if not more just because it tends to disippate hate from the computer more efficiently. Or did i read the question wrong.

if you want a SLI board, the best is the striker extreme, 2nd best being the evga/xfx 680i board.

agreed... but in the future wouldn't it be better to get a 9 series instead of another 8 series for better performance?

but its your rig... so I highly recommend a 680i, also check around for prices... because i saw a p35-ds3l selling on eBay for 70$ and it was almost new.... just look around before you buy... you may save some doh

the ds3l wont allow SLI though...

duh...

didn't you read it thoroughly....

i said you have to look around, my point was... you need to look around for good deals.... because about 2 or 3 weeks ago an evga 680i was 130$ and these are usually $150...

edit rereading my post it does seems like i was implying.. i'll fix that...

does microcenter ship to canada? and what Ultra is it? i was thinking about getting an XFX Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom