What should i expect with my new system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I was just wondering what kind of performance leep i should notice on new games like Cod4, BioShock etc etc going from this system:

E6300
Overclocked X1950Pro
With 2GB ram

to

E6750
Overclocked 8800GTS 320MB
With 2GB ram

Will this be a small improvement over my old system ? also i have the P35C-DS3R, which means it supports 1333Mhz on the E6750, will this be much difference over 1066Mhz on the E6300 ?

Thanks in advanced

I know the 1333 chips run at a higher bus speed with a lower multiplier so this -might- cut into the overclocking potential a bit. But you will definately notice a difference from the video card.

I was actually hopeing considering its so near the top on powerfull CPU's (except extreme cores) games wudnt need me to overclock... because my E6300 refuses to (i think its my silly kingston and generic ram)

Hey Kman I have a very similar system to what you posted and I'm not impressed with my 8800GTS 320 I get lag in most games such as Stalker and COH.

THen you have a problem my friend... what drivers do you have. I have all my settings on "high" and 2 on "ultra" in COH at 1280x1024 with a 7900gs.....

Hey Kman I have a very similar system to what you posted and I'm not impressed with my 8800GTS 320 I get lag in most games such as Stalker and COH.
seriously? maybe notch down the AF or something that isn't very noticable, but still that surprises me

thats probably it... and it probably wouldn't lag if you overclocked.... STALKER is a very shader intensive game...

yes your right it is...at 1600x1200 with a game such as STALKER even an 8800GTS 320 has a hard time playing it. My X1950XT probably performs the exact same in 1400x900 as you which isn't honestly very good either in STALKER. The frames are not horrible though, just medium quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom