Cloud Web Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimoSalomäki

Beta member
Hi all! I've been making a new web browser, called Cloud Web Browser for some months now. It's currently in version 0.5.9 alpha. The program is using Mozilla's Gecko layout engine to render web pages and it's main features are:

- Shortcuts (in development version 0.5.9b)*
- Parental Control System (Ban sites by filtering illegal words out)
- Tabbed browsing
- Mouse gestures (Next page, previous page, minimize, maximize)
- Bookmarks (You can save pages to bookmarks)
- Page history (Program saves and categorizes surfing history)
- Language support (You can make own language files)
- Theme support (Current theme imitates Firefoxes theme)
- Groupmarks (in development version 0.5.9b)*

*Not available yet

You can check Cloud Web Browser Development for daily news about Cloud Web Browser Development. There you will find download links to the newest available versions of Cloud Web Browser.

Discussion in Microsoft Forums:

Cloud (Feature rich web browser, formerly AWB) - MSDN Forums

I hope to hear some suggestion about new features. What do you need in web browser? Is there something that is not implemented in any widely used web browser? Share your ideas to me, and see the results in next versions.

Timo Salomäki
Developer of Cloud Web Browser

Moved this here.

Timo, here at Tech-Forums we frown heavily on any form of advertising. but, since this is not an attempt to sell something or to steal members, I'll let it stand. But don't push it.

I'm sorry if I tried to sell or advertise my program in some way. My goal was to get some suggestions about needed features. Of course it's not bad if someone decides to try my browser, but it wasn't my purpose.

All in all, I apologize

Timo Salomäki

The security is taken care by Mozilla ActiveX control. It's enough secure when you have some virus protection and firewall programs in your computer. I'm planning to add pishing site filtering, image blocking and some other security related features in future. But now the security is fine.

Okay, first of all Firefox can do everything... That's what I heard. There's dozens of plugins that do something cool and fascinating. My question is, that is it possible to make a simple web browser with the most needed features, without cloning Firefox? I think that if there wouldn't be bookmarks, you (all the people) would say that: "Oh my god this is from stone age, you have no bookmarks!!??" People are used to use some features, so I develop them to my browser? I'm doing all the work by myself so it's not easy to create a whole new package of brand new things.

Is there Parental Control System in Firefox?
- That's my own creation... It's very simple but I think that it's useful.

Is there Groupmarks?
- I'm not sure if there is groupmarks in Firefox, but they are in some browser...

Mouse gestures?
- They are from some browser, I can't remember what it was.

All in all, when someone has a new idea of a tool or feature in web browser, he creates it and then the other browsers mostly follows the leader. Am I cloning Firefox when I implement tabbed browsing? Maybe... I like that feature and want to have it in Cloud Web Browser. Do you mean that I clone when I have a same kind of theme or same names for features? "Bookmarks", "Groupmarks", "Tabs" etc?

Regards,
Timo Salomäki

its just constructive criticism.

in my opinion, all a browser needs is:
support for encrypted websites
support for all possible website Doctypes
ad block support, not just pop ups, but ones on websites
tabs
ability to add themes
rss feeds