xp format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
hi, i want to format my drive since it has been almost a year since i installed winxp, and i have a lot of spyware that i cannot get rid of ( i use adaware and spybot, and have used norton av) i backed up everything and am ready to go. but, i have no floppy( never bothered to reinstall it after i switched cases) is there any way to format a drive with xp without a floppy drive? I can't seem to find my floppy cable, and don't want to buy one since it would be pointless to do so.

"Warriors of XP..."

I'm not shure i folow.. But for what it's worth, right clicking on the CD icon and choosing 'Explore',should give you acces to the inside of your CD. There should be a setup APP in there...

PS: PLEASE KEEP POSTING... :cool:

well, i used the cable, put a boot disk in, and used fdisk to delete everything. then i put the cd in and made a new partition reformated. then installed a fresh copy of winxp :)

XP CD is bootable. You don't need a boot disk if you set your boot-up priority to boot from your CD before your HDD in BIOS.

Most likely, it's your BIOS setup and not the CD. Make sure that the boot order puts CD before HDD.

Go into BIOS and change to boot up sequence to check your CD-ROM first. Also you must enable other boot devices.

To create an MS-DOS boot floppy just right-click your floppy drive icon and select format. Then select Create MS-DOS boot disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom