What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
Ok I havn't been on here for awhile, but last time I was I was talking about building a computer. Well I finally have enough money to get the parts and was wondering what you guys think about this:

Amd Athlon Xp 3200
Corsair xms 512mb ddr400 pc3200(maybe x2)
Asus a7n8x-e deluxe
Seagate 120-160gb HD sata 7200rpm
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
Lite on cdrw drive 52x32x52
Lite on 16x dvd drive

This is going to be for recording, playing games, internet, watching movies, listening to music... pretty much anything. So I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on stuff I can get that will work just as well, but be a little cheaper or If I should get 256mb graphics card for games like doom 3 and newer... basically any suggestions. Thanks!

Well is there anything you guys would change? Should I get a 256mb graphics card or not? Is the motherboard good or should I get something diffent. Should I get an athlon 64 3200? Or maybe a 64 3000? Would that be better then just a 3200? Any suggestions are welcome...

edit: All the amd athlon xp 3000's on ebay are 333mhz this gonna be much difference from 400mhz? Also how much faster is the 3200 form the 3000? or even a 2600?

Ice9 said:
Well is there anything you guys would change? Should I get a 256mb graphics card or not? Is the motherboard good or should I get something diffent. Should I get an athlon 64 3200? Or maybe a 64 3000? Would that be better then just a 3200? Any suggestions are welcome...

edit: All the amd athlon xp 3000's on ebay are 333mhz this gonna be much difference from 400mhz? Also how much faster is the 3200 form the 3000? or even a 2600?

??

It looks good to me this is what i would do. i would get the athlon 64 3200+ and not the XP. A lot better of a proccesor. Then your video card for games like farcry 256mb would be better the 9800 pro is getting pretty cheap anyway. Then for the memory i would get the stuff your looking at but instead either get 2x256 or 2x512. The motherboard is good and everything else is good. What would you be using for a case and powersupply as well as floppy. If i could reccomend you to the chieftec cases that are made by antec. I have an antec one thats steel now i guess chieftec is in company with antec and they have aluminum ones. They run about 80 bucks with no psu. Then you can do something like antec true powersupply either 420 or 480watts. Also instead of getting that huge hard drive you dont need. Why not get a western digital raptor 74gb 10k rpm drive instead. Im not sure how much money your working with but thats what i would do.

mrzeeedler said:
It looks good to me this is what i would do. i would get the athlon 64 3200+ and not the XP. A lot better of a proccesor. Then your video card for games like farcry 256mb would be better the 9800 pro is getting pretty cheap anyway. Then for the memory i would get the stuff your looking at but instead either get 2x256 or 2x512. The motherboard is good and everything else is good. What would you be using for a case and powersupply as well as floppy. If i could reccomend you to the chieftec cases that are made by antec. I have an antec one thats steel now i guess chieftec is in company with antec and they have aluminum ones. They run about 80 bucks with no psu. Then you can do something like antec true powersupply either 420 or 480watts. Also instead of getting that huge hard drive you dont need. Why not get a western digital raptor 74gb 10k rpm drive instead. Im not sure how much money your working with but thats what i would do.

See the thing is I I'm not going to have enough money for that so I was wondering what stuff to get that will save me a little money but still be good and last for awhile and can run the newest games. The one I play mostly right now is ut2004 and I am looking at getting doom 3, etc. Also is the memory im getitng worth it or is there anything cheaper, but will work fine?

mrzeeedler said:
Yes in that case that will work perfectly just make sure you get 2x256 to run in dual channel

how neccessary would 1024mb of ram be? I'm not doing anything like video editing, but how necessary is it for games like doom 3 or far cry.. not sure if I am going to buy it, but If I decide to I want it to run great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom