Ram?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats right....

but Last year would be a good time too... because the prices for ddr2 is really cheap...

Heh i was still running ddr 2100 on my old athlon machine until i built this one. One of the main reasons i built a new machine was because of how cheap ddr2 had become. Heck it would have cost me more to upgrade my old machine to 2gb of DDR than it did to put 4gb of ddr2 in my new machine.

I am building a computer out of peoples scraps on freecycle.org to donate to my college as a media server and someone just offered me 1gb of ddr ram for free :). It is odd though none of the people on there seem to have a clue about computers and parts but I haven't yet been offered a computer with the hdd still in!!!!!! about 4 people so far have had a brother or a friend who has kindly removed the hdd and added it to their new computer :(

They are using DDR3 in graphics cards now, I wonder when that will be available for system use.

I am guessing DDR3 will be standard late 2008. Technology really is speeding up exponentially.

they have been using gddr3 in graphics card for ages I think you will find some cards have gddr5 when you go into the extreme $10,000+ market.

DDR3 can already be purchaqsed at home but it is pointless to get as its to expensive with virtually no speed increase just like ddr2 use to be when it came out, contrary to this I reckon ddr3 will actually start to emerge as a competitor in 2009&2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom