Verify My Semi-Final Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Just like for some people to tell me this will be ok.

Hopefully i should get £320 when i sell my ps3, and £30 for My E6300 PSU and X1950pro. If i do get my £350 i am thinking of this:

EVGA 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
Hiper Type-M 580W Sli/Crossfire certified PSU

I don't want an extremely good PSU, just one that will last me half a year to a year before i replace it, so unless there it is quite bad, then don't reccomend i spend a bit more on a £100 Ultra 750W PSU :cool:

Im getting this to play Crysis and Call of Duty 4 on reasonable settings by the way, not wanting max settings.

Thanks

The hiper will do you just fine especially since your circumstances(i.e stating it only has to last a year or less) but i expect it will last alot longer if you wanted it to, there meant to be good psu's.

Just like for some people to tell me this will be ok.

Hopefully i should get £320 when i sell my ps3, and £30 for My E6300 PSU and X1950pro. If i do get my £350 i am thinking of this:

EVGA 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
Hiper Type-M 580W Sli/Crossfire certified PSU

I don't want an extremely good PSU, just one that will last me half a year to a year before i replace it, so unless there it is quite bad, then don't reccomend i spend a bit more on a £100 Ultra 750W PSU :cool:

Im getting this to play Crysis and Call of Duty 4 on reasonable settings by the way, not wanting max settings.

Thanks

hey man... thats a great build..... i would only change the gts to a non superclocked and overclock it yourself dude... unless the superclocked is the cheapest there.. but also... look into the hd2900pro because you can do a BIOS flash to make it run as a 2900xt...

The Hiper is amazing. I'm running one, and every time I plug something new in I'm afraid of not having enough power... but it impresses me more and more every day!

It's powering:
ASUS Striker Extreme
Quite Heavily overclocked E6600 and 8800GTX
2GB of highly overclocked G.Skills
2x 160GB SATA HDDs in RAID 0
1x Super-Multi LightScribe DVD RAM Burner
RAM Cooler
Water Cooling System (Pump and all)
12 Case Fans (6 120mm, 1 Ultra powerful 90mm (120CFM) and 5 other misc fans.
Case lighting and a fan controller. All running off of this PSU :p

So I think it will very far beyond suit your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom