X38 motherboards @ newegg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHHH!!! sticker price shock!!!!!

their higher than Toms Hardware said it would be......

but did anybody notice the 1600 FSB Support?

Maximus Formula performs better... but it doesn't really matter.... its Striker's Successor

P5k is better value...

"Value" is irrelavent when it comes to performance. You all suspect Price vs. Performance should follow a linear curve, but it doesn't. For example, say slow performance costs a bit, Fast performance costs probably 80-90% over that, and super fast performance could cost twice as much as fast performance. See my point?

New pet peeve: People who think Price:performance matters.

"Value" is irrelavent when it comes to performance. You all suspect Price vs. Performance should follow a linear curve, but it doesn't. For example, say slow performance costs a bit, Fast performance costs probably 80-90% over that, and super fast performance could cost twice as much as fast performance. See my point?

New pet peeve: People who think Price:performance matters.

wow... thats stupid...

Intel X38 Chipset: A Porsche with the Handbrake On | Tom's Hardware

now are you honestly gonna say your gonna that the extra cash is worth the extra cash for that 1.5 FPS

So maximus is the best out right now?

P5k because for the lesser price... it overclocks the same...

why do you people care about every little piece of hardware... when something new comes out... you shouldn't even act surprised when something new comes out... that outperforms an old part... thats the PC Hardware World

Nope, i'll be sticking to my p35 until nehalem forces me to move.

THANK YOU.... in fact i'll edit this post to show the benchies...

quake4c_quake4.png

see?

thats the benchmark that has the most difference btw the p35 and x38... 1.5FPS... thats not much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom