Intel 45nm CPUs Price List

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the penryn chips are a die shrink with some optimization. In 08 nehalem will be the new archetecture on a 45nm die then in 09 go to 32nm with more optimizations. Tick tock baby, tick tock.

i rather spend a little extra n get the q9450 for the 12mb cache ova the q9300

the cache isn't gonna do much... in gaming in benchmarks... none... but I see your point... I don't mind paying the extra $50 for 4mb extra cache since i may do some encoding and such :0 (to put movies on YouTube)

now when we say 45nm is that still the same size as a regular 65nm CPU or is it smaller in size because the circuits are smaller?

are the 32nm CPUs going to be smaller than the 45nm?

does anyone know what chipset the upcoming quadcores like the Q9450 will use or is this information being withheld by Intel?

The actual size of the CPU, the piece that goes into your motherboard will be the same size. As for the nehalem archatecture no one knows. I would venture to say that it will probably get a new socket when it comes out and could possibly get smaller.

i rather spend a little extra n get the q9450 for the 12mb cache ova the q9300

The funny thing is, you and your brother are talking out of your behind because you haven't seen ANY benchmarks.

Don't pretend like you know what you're talking about.

But yeah, I wonder if these prices are actually going to be... existant..? If they do, that's deifnitely nice.

The funny thing is, you and your brother are talking out of your behind because you haven't seen ANY benchmarks.

Don't pretend like you know what you're talking about.

But yeah, I wonder if these prices are actually going to be... existant..? If they do, that's deifnitely nice.

doubt it... it maybe a bit higher... remember when Bot2011 starting being an a-(insert two dollar signs here) about no q6600 at $266... but it was a bit higher at first... (then he was all angry and left the forum because nobody supported him) 299$ ish... but it started to drop.. and ClubIT had it at $266 too.. so hopefully we get the same result this time?

we know p35 and x38 can be used with the Yorkfield

what would be the better OCing chipset currently

im leaning more towards the p35 side

but i do remember reading somewhere that the x38 boards would have PCI-e 16x 2.0 and most of the boards from Gigabyte wont support DDR2 ram, just DDR3 and there, 1333FBS

anndd i think it said they wouldnt have SLI capability but thats fine with me because i personally think its just a waste to have SLI when it doesnt run at 200% like most people think it should but theres barely any increase in performance but oh well people will continue to SLI cards even though they dont need it

but somewhere else i found that it said that it would have true SLI where its actually is worth it but idk which one is true or not

and i heard also that the x38 boards would break your wallet bigtime

is this information true?

what would be the better OCing chipset currently

im leaning more towards the p35 side

but i do remember reading somewhere that the x38 boards would have PCI-e 16x 2.0 and most of the boards from Gigabyte wont support DDR2 ram, just DDR3 and there, 1333FBS

anndd i think it said they wouldnt have SLI capability but thats fine with me because i personally think its just a waste to have SLI when it doesnt run at 200% like most people think it should but theres barely any increase in performance but oh well people will continue to SLI cards even though they dont need it

but somewhere else i found that it said that it would have true SLI where its actually is worth it but idk which one is true or not

and i heard also that the x38 boards would break your wallet bigtime

is this information true?

ya..true to the tea...

go check Maroon's post...

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/x38-motherboards-newegg-com-156073/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom