Is this a good deal for $480?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys, im still looking for laptop deals and came across this and was wondering if its worth the price and if I should get it.

Specs:
Compaq Presario F730US Notebook PC
Compaq Presario F730US Notebook PC

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TK-55 (1.8GHz) processor
1GB installed memory
120GB Hard drive
LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVDñR/RW with Double Layer Support
15.4" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display
802.11b/g WLAN
Weight 6.6lbs
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
1 year warranty

Total price $479

Staples.com®. that was easy®.

well it was for a buddy of mine and ive been looking for good deals...
i told him to get it so im gonna find out tomorrow or by the end of the week if he did.
It looked gread to me for the price.

It wouldve been better if it was intel...but its still a dual core and its under 500 bucks!!!

Excellent deal. That's a mid-range laptop at a low-end price. You should jump on this before the deal ends.

Additional advice: Have your friend purchase the laptop on a credit card. Most people are unaware that a standard benefit of most credit cards is free warranty extension. Most laptops break during or immediately after the first year (that's part of the reason they are usually more expensive, since they have a higher failure rate than desktops).

The process is simple:

If the laptop breaks while its covered by the manufacturer, have the manufacturer fix it. If the laptop breaks after the coverage (but within the the cards extended warranty coverage), have it repaired by a reputable business (in your case, it would probably still be HP still since they also do off-warranty repair). You pay for the repairs (through your credit card), and then send the proof of purchase of the repairs to your credit card company, and they will reimburse you (or remove the charge from your bill).

It's a great benefit that most people don't take advantage of.

Excellent deal. That's a mid-range laptop at a low-end price. You should jump on this before the deal ends.

Additional advice: Have your friend purchase the laptop on a credit card. Most people are unaware that a standard benefit of most credit cards is free warranty extension. Most laptops break during or immediately after the first year (that's part of the reason they are usually more expensive, since they have a higher failure rate than desktops).

The process is simple:

If the laptop breaks while its covered by the manufacturer, have the manufacturer fix it. If the laptop breaks after the coverage (but within the the cards extended warranty coverage), have it repaired by a reputable business (in your case, it would probably still be HP still since they also do off-warranty repair). You pay for the repairs (through your credit card), and then send the proof of purchase of the repairs to your credit card company, and they will reimburse you (or remove the charge from your bill).

It's a great benefit that most people don't take advantage of.

thanks for all that...i never knew that was possible.
Appreciate it!

looks great... thats a heckuva deal right there... and if he wanted Vista to be smoother if he wanted to game... just buy some extra RAM :)

I've seen Vista run super smooth for gaming on 2GB

i'm guessing either ddr2 533 or 667.....

but you can always check that when you get the system and read the RAM... and then buy some set.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom