New HD2900Pro to HD2900XT BioS Flash Sucess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grievearz

M.C. Etcher
2900xtstockbenchmarkskr5.jpg

Before the Bios flash I was getting 9800~

Honestly so far I love the value of this card. For $260~ + Free Bios flash I have a great card that was worth every penny. These are all stock settings, ram/cpu and GPU are all at stock. I'm going to keep messing around with the overclocks see if I can't get past 12/13k.

I'm having a problem tho, every time I try and run any sort of benchmark with my CPU even slightly overclocked my system locks up about halfway through the first test (No matter how long, even the Vista system rating tool). Right now I think it could be my PSU.
I'm running a Hiper PSU - Newegg.com - HIPER HPU-4K580-MS ATX12V v2.2 580W Power Supply 100 - 120V - Retail

Is this even possible that the PSU isn't supplying enough power and causing the system to lock up? Everything else checks out and thats the only other thing I can think of.

I doubt it. That PSU has enough for a Q6600 and Ultra. Probably overclocked. Maybe you need more volts to the vcore.

I use the same PSU too :)

Congrats on the flash to success!

I've tried going 1.4175+ and I still get the same problem. I'm afraid to push the V.Core any higher because it's already outside recommended voltage. Could my FSB be getting too hot and causing it to be unstable? I had to take the cooling plate off the back of my MoBo and attached the north bridge cooler, but it was hard to tighten because of the spring screws they used, I didn't want to damage anything. It feels flush and doesn't move. Honestly I'm getting a little frustrated as to why my system won't stay stable with a mild over clock (Even under 3Ghz). It's perfectly stable at stock.

I would not be suprised if it were your power supply. It is not the most powerful (this is going to sound redundant) around... but yeah, I would definitely not exclude not enough power as one of the possible problems.

jonnyGURU's Personal Website

Have you tried overclocking with a less power consuming video card, perhaps?

I've tried going 1.4175+ and I still get the same problem. I'm afraid to push the V.Core any higher because it's already outside recommended voltage. Could my FSB be getting too hot and causing it to be unstable? I had to take the cooling plate off the back of my MoBo and attached the north bridge cooler, but it was hard to tighten because of the spring screws they used, I didn't want to damage anything. It feels flush and doesn't move. Honestly I'm getting a little frustrated as to why my system won't stay stable with a mild over clock (Even under 3Ghz). It's perfectly stable at stock.

Only 1.41? I wouldn't hesitate to put 1.45 or 1.475. I've done it before on my Q6600. They can handle the volts.

hmm..It should be able to get to 3GHz on stock voltage though. What are your FSB, chipset, and DDR2 voltages?

2900xtocbenchmarksfk0.jpg

Keep in mind it's vista...

Pretty Happy with these results after waaaay too long messing around with manual volts (Automatic would just NOT work). I finally found a good setting for 3.0 Ghz, now to find a good one for 3.2 or 3.4 >:3

ORB Results for anyone interested.

I doubt it. That PSU has enough for a Q6600 and Ultra. Probably overclocked. Maybe you need more volts to the vcore.

I use the same PSU too :)

Congrats on the flash to success!

what does this mean though? It's reading the Pro like an XT now i understand, but can the Pro take the extra speed since the Pro really is a downclocked 2900?

congrats man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom