New DX10 gaming benchmarks from tomshardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that article but I don't really like it much as they used the latest ATI drivers and compared them against dated Nvidia drivers...the latest Nvidia drivers give a massive boost to Bioshock and other DX10 titles like Knights of the Sea

And what they forgot to mention is nobody can really tell the difference between dx9 and dx10 in these titles. Really, its not worth the performance hit dx10 gives...

Heh heh... Nvidia has had months to tweak their drivers, ATI's are pretty new and still raw. How would this be an advantage for ATI?

meat_helmet is right, though. DX9 and DX10 is basically the same right now, visually.

And what they forgot to mention is nobody can really tell the difference between dx9 and dx10 in these titles. Really, its not worth the performance hit dx10 gives...

Performance hit DX10 gives? Why haven't I experienced a performance hit? I sure haven't noticed one.

Heh heh... Nvidia has had months to tweak their drivers, ATI's are pretty new and still raw. How would this be an advantage for ATI?

meat_helmet is right, though. DX9 and DX10 is basically the same right now, visually.

What?!?! You really think so dude?

I don't think so at all. Lost Planet, yea, but that was a horrible port. But Bioshock? You can't honestly look at Bioshock with DX9 and DX10 and say they look basically the same.

Have you seen any Crysis videos comparing DX9 to DX10?

Eye candy is just eye candy. Performance is what is most important. I found out a long time ago that I can twiddle with the graphics settings to give me the best possible advantage in seeing the other guy first. Turn up the graphics all the way and you lose that edge.

Until DX10 starts giving better performance it just isn't worth it to me.

The article proves one thing however, right now... this is what you can expect with the given drivers. Need performance today? Go Nvidia....

Eye candy is just eye candy. Performance is what is most important. I found out a long time ago that I can twiddle with the graphics settings to give me the best possible advantage in seeing the other guy first. Turn up the graphics all the way and you lose that edge.

Dunno, bioshock runs great for me in DX10. 60fps average with vsync on..occasional 50fps dips. This is with 16x AA and 16x AF and everything on high...and nvidia slider all the way to quality

thats actually true, lots of pros down their graphics just so that they get a guarenteed 60+ fps (even if their card catches on fire)

they only turn on necessary things that will help them, such as max shadows so they can see when someones running around corners etc.

however... eye candy is exactly what it is... candy! candy is good... thus eye candy is good, as long as I'm getting above 60 fps in a shooter, 30 fps in an RTS, whatever settings are fine, preferably higher

commandercup said:
however... eye candy is exactly what it is... candy! candy is good... thus eye candy is good, as long as I'm getting above 60 fps in a shooter, 30 fps in an RTS, whatever settings are fine, preferably higher
You admire the veins on the leaves... I'll just splatter you across the walls while you do. ;) Besides, I don't have a problem with fps with my card.

BF2 looks great with everything turned up, but the uniforms blend too good (guess that's what camo is supposed to do, huh?). With my settings, no one can hide in the shadows and I can see everyone much better.

Nothing wrong with eye candy, but HAVING to run every game with everything turned all the way up is just too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom