Bios Not Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
Hi, I installed an external eSATA HD a month or 2 ago. Eversince then, I get the message "BIOS NOT INSTALLED" if the eSATA HD is not connected to my computer.......... when it is connected, I don't get that message.

Why is it doing that? I think it says:

"Device not found"
"BIOS NOT INSTALLED"

But my computer is working perfectly fine despite that message........... I can even update my BIOS without a problem.

Help the computer newbie please :)

It may be trying to "boot" off of that drive. Try changing your boot order, so your primary drive is first.

To load the setup defaults, go into the BIOS, and then go to the exit menu. Then you'll see the last option, which will say "Load Setup Defaults".

Or to reset the CMOS:

Turn off the computer, and unplug the power cord.

Go to the motherboard, and remove the CMOS battery. (Looks like a watch battery)

Move the jumper pins from it's default position 1-2, to position 2-3 for 5-10 seconds, and then place it back in position 1-2. (Your motherboard manual should explain this.)

Reinstall the battery, and you're done.

I just finished resetting CMOS and it still says:

"No Device Found"
"BIOS not installed"

I don't know if this will help......... but when I have my eSATA Drive plugged in, I do not get that message.......... but when I don't have it operating, I get that message.

Sorry to double post, but I don't see the edit function.

Can any kind soul help me with this?

BTW, thx a lot to GURU and B1 on helping me choose my Power Supply and Memory; I went with the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 and Crucial Ballistix 6400 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom