OCZ Platinum 49.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run a set of those and a set of corsair xms2 sticks. Thanks for the heads up, these actually seem to be the better memory than my corsair and i was looking to pick up a 2nd set and move the corsairs to my new htpc. Although i sent my rebate off at least a good 2 months ago and still havent heard anything.

Oh, quick question, as far as rebates go i bought a pair of these from microcenter and sent in that rebate, by their terminology would i be able to buy from tigerdirect and get a rebate because its a different promotion?

I would say yes. If the rebate promo was for a different period. My guess is that they would allow it. Just make sure the rebate offer applies to this offer and that it isn't the same offer you got from Microcenter. If this helped one person, I have done my job.

thats a really good price but the best ram to get is gskill hz's or crucial ballistix'

That's if you want to overclock and run tight timings. Theirs no point in suggesting memory that's twice the price of what he's looking at, especially if he didn't mention overclocking.

I used to have those OCZ's. They're not bad memory by any means. Aslong as you will run them at DDR2-800, you'll like them.

$49.99 is a VERY good price for DDR2-800 memory, especially for those platinums.

I'm running mine at 1:1 with a 400 fsb. With a quad and running 1:1 at 3.6ghz you dont really need to OC the memory anyway.

That's true, you don't need to OC them. DDR2-800 is plenty fast.

For those of us that like to get every bit of performance for a our money, then you'd want to opt for the more expensive ballistix, g skillz, and dominator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom