Problems with Radeon 9800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
well right now i just reformatted... im not gonna install any drivers till the morning and then i will see if its the drivers or the actual card... so im gonna check it out in the morning. But also, since both of us started with a 9600 pro then upgraded to a 9800 pro... maybe there was a folder in there from the old card that was messing up the new 9800 pro drivers.. but i uninstalled my 9600 pro drivers but hey.. 1 folder may of been missed. So im gonna wait then i will see. I also put my stock cooling cause i hated the giant 2 cooler. I did not like it at all. Took up too much space and it was a mess. The fan also got screwed up after a day. So im gonna return that too. If its the card.. im thinking about returning it and exchanging it for a 9800xt or a 9600xt. So i will let you guys know in the morning.

mine is ATI. I was also thinking of maybe getting a ASUS... if it dont work in the morning or somthing. Cause if its the card id prob get a ASUS cause i had a very good past with ASUS (motherboard wise) so... im thinking of getting a ASUS card.

ok well.. the results are in. Its the video card not the drivers. So... im gonna exchange the card today. BTW. is there anything like in BIOS i can ajust or somthing? Like someone told me the AGP recovery system.. What else do u think can be causing these problems?

couple things could cause this. If rpl vid card doesn't work, you can look into the PSU. Even though 550, maybe its a defective regulator?? Could be the voltage to the AGP like was mentioned above. Also, to anyone else that has this problem, after installing the drivers, go into safe mode and see if it works for awhile in there (IMPORTANT!!!). If it works in there, then u may want to check you screen refresh rate. Also, disable APM in the bios and see if that solves it. APM can cause problems at times.

Wartorment said:
Some mod removed my post referring to GZ and his stupid remarks.

I'm not the mod who removed your remarks, so I don't know what was said, HOWEVER, verbal abuse to other members will not be tolerated. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything. If you don't like the way the forums are, leave. Problem fixed.

I have been made aware that you have been warned about this before. Consider this your last warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom