Problem with Win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopenhagen

In Runtime
I have a copy of win 2k, I reinstall my pc with it, It said pcmcia.sys can't be found?
I have already reinstalled my win 2k in the past , there was no problem .

when I restart my pc , win2 k doesn't appear immediately unless I choose the option win 2k professional(from the black screen) then the system restarts, how can I fix it?

PCMCIA.SYS IS in C drive

Thanks

Do you intentionally have a dual boot system, or is the OS Boot option something that is coming up after your latest install?

If it is, it looks like you installed a 2nd copy of Win2k on your system. The easiest way to fix this would be to do a fresh install of Win2k by deleting the partitions that the OS's are on and creating a new partition to install the new OS on.

Do you intentionally have a dual boot system, or is the OS Boot option something that is coming up after your latest install?</.b> I don't have dual boot system, nothing came up after my latest install, it really worked fine except this time.

what would be my OS boot option?

Your OS boot option is that first screen you see where you have to choose "win 2k professional (from the black screen)".

is the OS Boot option something that is coming up after your latest install?
yes from the black screen

by deleting the partitions that the OS's are on and creating a new partition to install the new OS on.

How do I do it? should I format my drive and reinstall again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom