Final Build, soon to purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blucube

In Runtime
This is it, one last time before I seal the deal... thanks to all thats helped me get to where we stand now...

Case: Thermaltake SHARK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Motherboard: ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775
Heatsink: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
GPU: EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
ROM(s): 2xSAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA
PSU: CORSAIR ATX12V V2.2 550W
OS: Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD

--edited monitor
Monitor: SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
Keyboard: Logitech Black USB Standard Deluxe 250
Mouse: Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical Gaming-Grade Mouse

Figured I'd throw this up there one last time. With some advice I'm going with that proc now, and just waiting for the new quads to come!

As far as wireless cards go too, this is the "best rated" on new egg right now

EDIMAX EW-7128G PCI Wireless Card

So do you suppose that'll be alright? Or should I look into something else...

Thanks again!

(changed the monitor to what I am currently looking at, the last selection was old and I didn't catch it)

great choices, that is an expensive 20'' monitor, you could get a 22'' sceptre or acer for that price. I would downgrade the motherboard to a p35-ds3r and upgrade the cooling to the tuniq tower 120

great choices, that is an expensive 20'' monitor, you could get a 22'' sceptre or acer for that price. I would downgrade the motherboard to a p35-ds3r and upgrade the cooling to the tuniq tower 120

Why downgrade the mobo?
what about the heatsink?
Also the monitors been a tough one for me... pictures going to be a really big deal... so I need something nice... great picture... because I'll be dealing with a lot of photoshop, photography, web design, graphic design, games... etc... I heard samsung has done well...

Are you gonna do heavy OCing??? If not then it'll be fine with that heatsink.

I did plan on OC'ing... thing is, I've never done it before so I wanted to try and get my feet wet so to speak... so I'm not exactly sure what "heavy" or not... includes

Pushing it around 3.6 ghz or more. I know clubit has a mail-in-rebate for the p35-pro so you could get it for 146.99 and they guarantee G0 steppings for the E6750.

I would get a different motherboard. You can save up to 100 dollars if you choose a 5ms monitor.

I would get a different motherboard. You can save up to 100 dollars if you choose a 5ms monitor.

A 5ms monitor is not noticable to 2ms especially if you're not gaming. Although the 226bw is amazing with its 3000:1 contrast ratio.

Pushing it around 3.6 ghz or more. I know clubit has a mail-in-rebate for the p35-pro so you could get it for 146.99 and they guarantee G0 steppings for the E6750.

I think you mean q6600, I'm pretty sure all e6*50's are G0

As far as wireless cards go too, this is the "best rated" on new egg right now

EDIMAX EW-7128G PCI Wireless Card

So do you suppose that'll be alright? Or should I look into something else...

Thanks again!

(changed the monitor to what I am currently looking at, the last selection was old and I didn't catch it)

I took my chances with that card and I'm very happy. Haven't really tested the range, but it's 100% about 20 feet away in another room.

Why downgrade the mobo?
what about the heatsink?
Also the monitors been a tough one for me... pictures going to be a really big deal... so I need something nice... great picture... because I'll be dealing with a lot of photoshop, photography, web design, graphic design, games... etc... I heard samsung has done well...

If you're doing alot of design stuff you may want a q6600 G0. I'm not sure which programs take advantage of it though.

Why downgrade the mobo?
what about the heatsink?
Id stick with your chosen screen, the Samsung will not let you down for picture quality.
I went from a 17" Ben-q to this Samsung syncmaster 940bw(19" widescreen) and it SOOO much brighter and vivd colours, its nice to have height adjustment aswell and also different modes for internet, movies, gaming etc, basically it just makes the screen dimmer just when your browsing the net or typing up a document etc, then when you want the screen nice and bright for playing games or watching movies just hit one button, superb screen id get another Samsung tomorrow if i had an accident with this!

i think u got a good build there man just id rather a gigabyte mobo ova abit but thats me. af7 should be a good enough hsf for now till u know more bout ocing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom