Intel 45nm CPUs Price List

Status
Not open for further replies.
These look to only have an 8x multi though since they are 1333 fsb. Also I have to wonder if going from 8mb of cache on the q6600 to only 6 on the 9300 will be noticeable. I would guess that if you are currently running a g0 quad you would probably have to go to the 9450 to really get much benefit. I'll probably just wait until the nehalems come out. I cant really see there being anything that my overclocked q6600 cant handle before then.

These look to only have an 8x multi though since they are 1333 fsb. Also I have to wonder if going from 8mb of cache on the q6600 to only 6 on the 9300 will be noticeable. I would guess that if you are currently running a g0 quad you would probably have to go to the 9450 to really get much benefit. I'll probably just wait until the nehalems come out. I cant really see there being anything that my overclocked q6600 cant handle before then.

Good point. It's not like the 45nm will render the current, useless and outdated. It's just that the 45nm will use less power or overclock a little bit further.

I don't think the cache will show a noticeable difference in the real world.

I'm thinking of building a mid-range home media comp to play my DVD's, games etc. on my TV. So that E8200 for 160 is looking pretty good! And now I can actually buy it for 160! Thank God for that exchange rate :D.

i am in the process of choosing parts to build a system now and i am wondering if it is really worth waiting?
if your ordering now, i would get a q6600 g0, but if your like me and are ordering in approximatly 6 weeks and plan to OC madly, its worth waiting for :laughing:

well i wanted to get the q6600, but i just got the e6550 and got it oc to 3.4.

Once the 45nm processors come out im gonna go for the q9450...its seems worth the extra $50 bucks even if it would show much difference.
I do plan do oc it to about 3.4 or higher if possible!!!
I was wondering if these new quads are going to be go stepping too? or is it going to be like how the q6600 was in the beginning?

Is everyone forgetting that the Yorkfield's are supposed to use Quad-Core more effectively? I believe that the 45nm shrink allows them to make it a Native-Quad Core instead of just slapping two E6600's together like they did with the Kentsfield heh....I'm not certain on that though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom