is this good deal and good macine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant really tell too much since i live in australia and prices are diff, but looks like a decent system

Built a similar pc for $500 cheaper

BULL.

I just added it up, it's actually cheaper buying it like that than if you bought it all with all those components.

Now I'm aware you can get better setups, but for what they're giving you it's a good deal.

Best deals I saw at a quick glance on newegg:

8800 640 - $385
Q6600 - $278
2GB RAM - ~$100 (some with rebates for less)
Asus P5N-E SLI - $120
500GB SATA HD - $110
DVD ROM - $18
DVD burner - $30
Middle of the line keyboard/mouse combo - ~$50
NXZT Lexa case - $170
800W PSU - ~$150
Vista Ultimate - 319 (which is probably what they give you)
or Vista Ultimate OEM - $170

Total range = $1581 to $1730 (Depending on price variances and OS choice)
(PS, prices don't include shipping, but also don't include rebate price)
So yes, if that is what you want exactly, it's a better deal than buying and building, also shipping is included in the price and no tax.

Yes some will say you can build a similar setup cheaper, but if that is exactly what you want, I don't see why you shouldn't get it.

They won't give you a full copy of Vista ultimate they will give you a OEM or just a recovery cd.
The 800W psu will die as it is being under-used and psu's die from overloading and underloading
The psu will be generic and so likely to die
the 8800gts 640m is a waste of cash it gets 1-4 fps different from the 320mb on most games

plus if you build yourself you won't have the preloaded crap and you will know exactly what goes into your pc so you can fix it at home no problem. It won't have an extreme price difference but taking in the stuff I mentioned above it would be about $200 cheaper to build

They won't give you a full copy of Vista ultimate they will give you a OEM or just a recovery cd.
The 800W psu will die as it is being under-used and psu's die from overloading and underloading
the 8800gts 640m is a waste of cash it gets 1-4 fps different from the 320mb on most games

plus if you build yourself you won't have the preloaded crap and you will know exactly what goes into your pc so you can fix it at home no problem. It won't have an extreme price difference but taking in the stuff I mentioned above it would be about $200 cheaper to build

plus that PSU could be crap for all we know... one of those Case embedded one... or a crap name one...

but 1337 thats BS your talking... you can't make that exact system for $500 less.... you can make it similar in performance (with better PSU, overclocking and a p35 board instead, gts 320mb....) but we all know your just bs'ing... its pretty hard to have both a q6600 and a gts 640mb in a 1k budget.... are you just posting for the sake of posting?

if he wanted to buy tho... couldn't he just go to ibuypower's site or cyberpower's site and build it cheaper?

BULL.

I just added it up, it's actually cheaper buying it like that than if you bought it all with all those components.

Now I'm aware you can get better setups, but for what they're giving you it's a good deal.

Best deals I saw at a quick glance on newegg:

8800 640 - $385
Q6600 - $278
2GB RAM - ~$100 (some with rebates for less)
Asus P5N-E SLI - $120
500GB SATA HD - $110
DVD ROM - $18
DVD burner - $30
Middle of the line keyboard/mouse combo - ~$50
NXZT Lexa case - $170
800W PSU - ~$150
Vista Ultimate - 319 (which is probably what they give you)
or Vista Ultimate OEM - $170

Total range = $1581 to $1730 (Depending on price variances and OS choice)
(PS, prices don't include shipping, but also don't include rebate price)
So yes, if that is what you want exactly, it's a better deal than buying and building, also shipping is included in the price and no tax.

Yes some will say you can build a similar setup cheaper, but if that is exactly what you want, I don't see why you shouldn't get it.

those prices are quite high, you could shave it down to around 1200 or 1300 without rebates...

anyways, remember that when you buy a pc... you get a warranty and tech support unlike customs... you have to troubleshoot yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom