A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevermore

Solid State Member
Alright, within the next couple of months I plan to get a new PC. Right now I'm only planning this out. So far for the video card I plan on getting an Evga GeForce 8800GTX 760MB. But when it comes to the processor and memory side of things, I'm stuck in a rut.

I'm looking to spend around $350 or lower on a processor, I know its not going to get me a top of the line quad core processor but thats my price range for now.

I know almost nothing about RAM, except for the fact I don't need 4gb's of RAM for most apps.

So, do any of you guys have any recommendations? For the RAM, I don't really have a set price limit.

Thanks in advance.

As for your RAM, it depends on what OS you are gonna run. 32-bit Vista will only utilize up to 3gigs of RAM I think. Anyways, 2gigs of quality RAM is usually more than enough for most people.

Vernong's recommendation would be a great way to go. Good stuff.

As for your RAM, it depends on what OS you are gonna run. 32-bit Vista will only utilize up to 3gigs of RAM I think. Anyways, 2gigs of quality RAM is usually more than enough for most people.

Vernong's recommendation would be a great way to go. Good stuff.

thats right... unless he's into Computer Aided Design, then he has no use of 4gb RAM

and if he wanted to overclock.. he can overclock like mad wiht that RAM.....

Alright, thanks for the help. As for processors what would you guys recommend. I've been looking at the E6850 over the Q6600 since I don't do too much multitasking, would that be a good choice?

i'd say the e6850 is sorta a waste.... i mean you can get a cheaper e6550 or e6750 and overclock it to e6850 speed with ease... plus you get the q6600 for cheaper... two more cores for less!!!

i'd say the e6850 is sorta a waste.... i mean you can get a cheaper e6550 or e6750 and overclock it to e6850 speed with ease... plus you get the q6600 for cheaper... two more cores for less!!!

exactly, all together it might be slower now, due to the fact of limitation by quad core support but it will definitely shine over these in the upcoming year. The problem is most apps/agmes only support dual cores so itll run similar to a dual core @2.4GHz but during games like crysis it kills dual cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom